- NZD $120,000 - 140,000 per annum
- New Zealand
- Property & Real Estate, Facilities Management
- 14th August 2017
- Job Type
One of New Zealand’s top private schools has a rare opening for a Facility/Project Manager to join their core staff based in Auckland.
This reputable school will have projects across multiple sites to be involved in, including a high standard of facilities to manage. You will be joining an innovative team that are welcoming, forward planners and demonstrate strong leadership within the industry.
The proactive person in this role will enjoy the management of a variety of assets located in the Auckland area, reporting into key stakeholders including the Chief Operating Officer, Principals, Major Projects Manager, Health & Safety, and Finance. You main purpose of the role is to perform in the master planning process and be a part of any major project arising out of this master plan, and manage all aspects of the facilities with projects arising from the annual operating budget.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leadership and staffing responsibilities for managing the operations of the property department;
- Oversee workload, resource planning, allocation and monitor and manage property related requests
- Maintain a sound understanding of relevant legislation, such as the Building Act 2004, RMA 1991, NZ Building Code and Unitary Plan
- Maintain/oversee all aspects of Health & Safety, risk register, physical inspections, approve related contractors appropriately, maintain equipment according to standard
- Prepare annual Capex and operating cost budgets in respect of property staffing, equipment, supplies and repair and maintenance programmes.
- Additional roles played include record management, project management, contractor management, security, energy management, waste management, procurement, grounds management, and event management.
You week will be busy, there’s no doubt about it. However you will be well supported by the leaders in the school. If you work well in both a team environment and can work autonomously when required, like to be engaged in your work, and wish to be a part of key decision making for the betterment of students and staff - this is a role for you. You will need to demonstrate patience, persistence, and attention to detail but with a sense of urgency to deal with multiple issues at hand.
Industry experience is essential and only candidates from Property/Facility Management will be accepted (preferably in a multi-site environment)
For you to balance between autonomy in the role and receive support where needed - you will ideally have 5-10 years’ experience in a Facility Management role with Project experience. You will need experience managing people as you will be overseeing approximately 14 staff, managing a million dollar operating budget, and responsible for maintenance projects to the value of $500K (annual budget), and up to $15 Million (major projects).
Most importantly however, we are looking for someone with a passion about service delivery to students and key stakeholders, leadership skills, strong technical skills, and a team player who is driven and wanting success for themselves and for the establishment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their Property Career with a focused team that has a respected reputation, and a welcoming environment.
A generous remuneration package is on offer for the right person.